Battle for solar energy (Sooryabala Sangramaya)
Battle for Solar Energy also known as Sooryabala sangramaya is a Government initiative to fulfil Sri Lanka’s future power requirement and make the country self-sufficient in power is being implemented with the participation of the Ministry of Power and Renewable Energy, Ceylon Electricity Board, Sri Lanka Sustainable Energy Authority and other related organizations.
The ’Battle for Solar Energy’ program will encourage the consumers to join in power generation by installing small solar power plants established on the roofs of their houses to meet their energy requirements.
The program will establish micro solar power units in one million houses throughout the country. The one million houses will be connected to a net metering system and solar panels will be provided to the households at a concessionary rate. The power supplier Ceylon Electricity Board will purchase excess power generated from them. The government expects the programme to add 200 MW of solar electricity to the national grid by 2020 and 1000 MW by 2025.
Lanka Electricity Company Limited(LECO) is introducing solar loan schemes up to 1 million for LECO consumers. Only the first 2000 customers will be selected, so apply now to enjoy this limited time offer.
About the loan
- This loan is for LECO consumers ONLY (CEB consumers are not eligible).
- Maximum loan amount = Rs. 1, 000,000 (1 Million)
- Interest rate = 8%
- No need of guarantors.
- Payback period = 7 years through monthly LECO electricity bill.
- If the loan amount is less than Rs.500,000, 90% will be paid by the loan and the rest by the customer.
- If the loan amount is less than Rs.1,000,000, 75% will be paid by the loan and the rest by the customer.
- If the loan amount is Rs.1,000,000, more than 25% should be paid by the customer and the rest will be paid by the loan.